Yummo! I don’t have much to say other than that! But here you go! This should be eaten with lots of lemon and olive oil. Such a great summer meal.
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Place first 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add yogurt and the next 8 ingredients (yogurt through nutmeg); pulse 4 times or until blended.
- Make 3 diagonal cuts 1/4 inch deep across top of each chicken breast half. Combine chicken and yogurt mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove chicken breast from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups water, warm (105-115F)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3-4 cups all-purpose flour
Combine sugar, water and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes, until slightly foamy.
Stir in salt and 3 cups of flour, until dough is smooth. Add remaining flour a tablespoon or two at a time, mixing until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl into a ball. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 4-5 minutes. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled in size, 1 1/2 hours.
Turn on your broiler, leaving the rack in the center of the oven, and very lightly oil a baking sheet.
Punch the dough down and divide it into 10 even pieces. Shape each into ball by grasping the corners of each piece and pinching them together. Cover the balls with a clean dishtowel and allow the dough to rest, for 15 minutes so they will be easier to roll out.
Roll out until balls form circles about 1/8 inch thick.
Heat oven to 450 degrees and place pita directly on the rack for about 90 seconds or until puffed up. Flip and cook for about another 60 seconds. Keep a close eye on it.
Remove from oven and cool between kitchen towels to keep the pitas soft. Once they are cool, store in an airtight container.