Oh, Glory be to God for new recipes! This one is FANTASTIC! It is simple, with only a few ingredients. This one is a keeper for sure. It is a simple Chicken & Olives that I served over brown rice. Note to self. Sherry is so gross and should never be a beverage of choice!
Chicken & Olives
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 pieces Chicken (I used boneless skinless breasts)
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 whole Green Bell Peppers, Seeded And Chopped Into Large Pieces
- 1 whole 28 Ounce Can Whole Tomatoes, Drained and cut in half
- 1 cup White Wine (I used sherry of you could use Low Sodium Chicken Broth)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Olives (I used black, but you can use green or calamata instead)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove chicken to a clean plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onions, garlic, and green bell pepper to the pan. Saute for a couple of minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in wine and stir. Add chicken pieces back to pan, cover with lid, and place into the oven for 45 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and remove lid. Add olives and heavy cream (drizzle evenly over the top.) Put on lid and shake the pan to “stir” in the cream. Return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove from oven and keep lid on until ready to serve.
Serve over rice or pasta!